Friday 1 April 2011

Evaluation Question 3 : What kind of media institution might distribute your music magazine and why?

The media insttitution most likely to distribute my magazine is IPC Media. The reason IPC media is most liekly to distribute my magazine is because it has a large target audience due to its growing profolio. IPC Media supports mainly male music magazines such as NME, so I think my magazine could help them reach a further audience by bringing girls into the music world, as there is currently no magazine that IPC Media is supporting for a female music magazine. Although some of NME's readers are girls I think that by IPC Media distributing my magazine they can also begin to expand their company futher into the younger society helping them become even more popular and well known than the are now.

I think the instituition least likely to distribute my magazine is Bauer Media Group. I think this as it woudl cost a lot more to send my magazine to a privite owned instituion and it is not as widely known in the UK as IPC Media is. IPC Media is more likely to adapt its insitution for the need of the audience for example it moved on the internet when web2.0 began becoming a sucess, this shows that IPC Media is most likely to take a risk on something new like my magazine for teenage girls, making it the ideal institiution to distribute my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment