Friday 1 April 2011

Evaluation Question 4 : Who would be the audience for your music magazine?

The main audience for my magazine are teenage girls aged between 14-17.
As my magazine is aimed at the female audience I am likely to have very little male readers.
In order to help my understand what my target audience were likely to be interested in I created a quesionaire for my age group to answer. I then put my result into a reader profile to show me visually what my target audience were interested in.

I found out that my audience like to be up to date with the modern technology, which allows them to feel important amongst the people around there age as in modern society it’s very much about being accepted meaning the younger generation of my target audience are under pressure to be up to date with the latest trends and technology to keep them accepted by the rest of there peers, meaning my magazine should help them find ease to the pressure.

The Artists my audience are intressed in are a variety of singers such as
- Lady Gaga
- Enineum
- Paramore
- Avril Lavigne
- MCR
- Rhianna
- Usher
- && Many More




As my target audience is teenage girls they are very much interested in web 2.0 sites, such as you tube, face book, twitter and grabbing attention of boys through makeup and the latest trends. They like to watch TV shows with drama such as “Waterloo Road” and “Friends”
In modern day society music rules my target audience life. They go onto download sites such as Itunes or go into HMV to by the new music. As well as shopping in places such as “Peacock” and “New Look”, to feel accepted in the modern society.

My findyourtribe result was Emo who liked very emotional music and liked to show off making a scene and making a statement on society.


The socio-economic group that my target audience fall into is E. This is because they are mostly students/ Pupils meaning they are unemployed so they can not move into the higher groups as of yet. The Psychographic profiling group my target audience fall into is Mainstreamer: Someone in search of security, belonging and routine, as they are teenagers looking for where they belong in the world. This is why in my magazine I have made articles that have the latest news and recently reviewed albums, to allow my audience to feel up to date allowing them to feel like they fit in with there group.

No comments:

Post a Comment